The Pro Race Experience
Go behind the scenes at the world’s biggest bike races with the Aqua Blue Sport Pro Race Experience
Ever wanted to experience the excitement of a top professional bike race, right from the heart of the action? With the Aqua Blue Sport Pro Race Experience, the only way to get closer is to actually ride in the peloton…
What is it?
For cycling fans, the chance to experience the thrill of a top bike race – from inside the race - is an opportunity previously afforded to only the few. Now the chance to get up close and personal with the pro peloton is open to all.
With the Aqua Blue Sport Pro Race Experience you can:
- Ride along in the team car as part of the race cavalcade, alongside team staff including the Sporting Director and soigneurs;
- Experience the race from inside the heart of the action, listening to race radio and to the riders themselves as they come back to the car;
- Experience the high-speed thrills of a roadside feed stop as soigneurs hand off bidons and musettes to riders hurtling past;
- Dine with riders and staff in the team hotel before and after a race stage;
- Get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the Aqua Blue Sport team bus and support/logistics vehicles, for an in-depth understanding of what it takes to keep a pro team on the road;
- Meet and greet the riders as a guest of the team;
- Make memories to treasure forever!
What does it involve?
Aqua Blue Sport is proud to introduce the Pro Race Experience on a limited basis with an introductory two-person package for two nights consisting of:
- Two guest places in the Aqua Blue Sport team vehicles for two successive stages of your chosen race - one guest will travel with the Sporting Director and team mechanic in one team car for the first of the two allocated stages, and the second guest will travel with the soigneur team to the feed zone and finish line. Guest will alternate places on the second of the chosen stages.
- Staff Q&A: Guests will meet key Aqua Blue Sport backroom staff including sporting and performance directors, mechanics and soigneurs with the chance to pose questions on issues including race tactics, training and nutrition, stage strategy and more.
- Pre-race tour bus visit: Guests will be introduced to the riders, allowed to view and use the facilities on the team bus.
- Team accommodation and meals: Participants will travel with the Aqua Blue Sport team to the departure and arrival of each stage, stay in the race hotel and dine with the riders and staff as guests of the team.
- Team mementoes: Guests will receive an Aqua Blue Sport jersey to suit their size to remember their experience.
How much does it cost?
The Aqua Blue Sport Pro Race Experience is initially available at an introductory cost of €3,999 for two guests, for two nights (€1999 per person) attending two race stages.
How do I find out more?
- Availability of guest places for individual races is at the discretion of Aqua Blue Sport and race organisers – please contact us with your preferred race options and travel availability to discuss options.
- Some restrictions on recording and publication of team discussions may apply, at the discretion of the team Sporting Director.
- Flights/travel/transfers to initial race hotel and from concluding race hotel are not included as part of the Aqua Blue Sport Pro Race Experience. Accommodation will be with the Aqua Blue Sport team riders and staff and based on two persons sharing for two nights. Meals will be as provided by race organisers.